Hello! I’m Josh Pugh and I arrived in New York on January 12, 2017, from Adelaide, South Australia (read more about me if you’d like) with a suitcase and not much more.
While I found lots of resources across the internet to help with my move, I couldn’t find a reliable central point with information about the basics; so I thought I’d fix that.
This site is a compilation of answers to frequently asked questions I’ve found on forums, Facebook pages and from my own experience. The content is always changing and evolving as I learn more and as helpful people submit updates. To help you, all pages include “Last updated” dates right at the bottom.
You will also love reading this month's top pages and posts:
- Be Nice
- Your First Thanksgiving
- The First 10 Things to do when you move to New York City
- Can you change from an E-3 Visa to Green Card?
- Making Friends
- Holiday & Business in the US (ESTA and B1/B2 Visas)
- E3 Visas
- Brunch is not Breakfast and Lunch
- HealthCare’s “Open Season” Starts Tomorrow
- What the hell is Net Neutrality?