Since moving to NYC and starting this website to try and help Aussies (and other expats) new to NYC, I’ve met some really awesome people one-on-one. Some of the people I’ve met have had specific questions they needed help with, … Read More
- How to move to America & Moving to New York City
- BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- SETTING UP
- LIVING HERE
- DINNER WITH NEW FRIENDS
- Latest from the NYC Expat Blog
- Dinner with New Friends
- Travel Tips from a Travel Professional
- Apartment available for rent in the West Village, NYC
- Do you need a whole apartment of furniture?
- Can I use Australian Medicare as an Australian Expat living overseas?
- Open enrollment 2018 for Qualified Health Insurance Plans has begun!
- Your Guide to the New York City Marathon 2018
- Understanding Holidays in the United States of America
- Get a flu shot (it’s flu season and it will mess you up)
- Save $1 a day on your Health Insurance
- Looking for a great volunteer opportunity?
- Best way to transfer AUD to USD – Transferwise vs. OFX vs. vs. PayPal vs. Banks
- How to get cheap Broadway tickets for every show
- SPECIALS & DEALS
- 25% off
- House & Apartment Cleaner
- 50% off
- The Best & Cheapest Co-working in New York City
- Need Dinner?
- Welcome to America Josh
This is my friend Ryan and Meggie’s place that they’re moving out of and it’s now available for rent in the West Village. They’re legends, and if you’re a legend too, you can rent (or sub-let) this place! Lease takeover … Read More
Have you moved to America and thought to yourself at some point: “If I ever get sick or need hospital care, I’ll just go back to Australia!” well then this is for you because it’s not always so easy to … Read More
Starting TODAY, November 1, you can sign up for health coverage at HealthCare.gov. If you’ve come to the US and do not have health care through your employer, or have waited too long to get insurance, then this is the only … Read More
Days off are a luxury in the US, so it’s no surprise that when the opportunity presents itself in holidays everyone grabs it with both hands! One thing to understand though about holidays is also that they aren’t standard, and … Read More
You should really get a flu shot. It’s headed fast into flu season in America and the flu is unlike any cold you’ve had before (it hurts). Here are all the ways to get a flu shot in New York … Read More
Transferring money internationally is an expensive and confusing process the first time you try but if you know where to look, I can help you transfer those Australian Dollars ($AUD) into US Dollars ($USD) in no time! There are four … Read More