Since moving to NYC and starting this website to try and help Aussies (and other expats) new to NYC, I’ve met some really awesome people one-on-one. Some of the people I’ve met have had specific questions they needed help with, … Read More
- How to move to America & Moving to New York City
- BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- SETTING UP
- LIVING HERE
- DINNER WITH NEW FRIENDS
- Latest from the NYC Expat Blog
- Dinner with New Friends
- Why you should tell your bank your foreign tax information
- Can I get TSA Pre-Check or Global Entry as an Expat?
- See your incoming mail FROM THE FUTURE!
- Holiday Drinks with New Friends
- 4 reasons you need renter’s insurance. Everyone does. You need it. Seriously.
- My Top 5 Tips for Long Flights
- Travel Tips from a Travel Professional
- Apartment available for rent in the West Village, NYC
- Do you need a whole apartment of furniture?
- Can I use Australian Medicare as an Australian Expat living overseas?
- Open enrollment 2018 for Qualified Health Insurance Plans has begun!
- Your Guide to the New York City Marathon 2018
- SPECIALS & DEALS
- 25% off
- House & Apartment Cleaner
- 50% off
- The Best & Cheapest Co-working in New York City
- Need Dinner?
- Welcome to America Josh
Has your bank recently asked for your “tax identification number (TIN)” in the U.S.? Are they asking tax questions, account questions, or other residency questions? Don’t worry, it’s completely normal! A question that is appearing online recently very frequently is … Read More
Lining up at the airport in the U.S. can be a long and daunting task (especially for those of us who are foreign citizens), but TSA Pre-Check, Global Entry, and other memberships seem to make those lines shorter… are they … Read More
You probably don’t think you need renter’s insurance, or maybe you’ve never thought about it, I know. But you do, and it’s relatively cheap (like a few dollars a month cheap) so I think you should at least keep reading … Read More
This is my friend Ryan and Meggie’s place that they’re moving out of and it’s now available for rent in the West Village. They’re legends, and if you’re a legend too, you can rent (or sub-let) this place! Lease takeover … Read More
Have you moved to America and thought to yourself at some point: “If I ever get sick or need hospital care, I’ll just go back to Australia!” well then this is for you because it’s not always so easy to … Read More
Starting TODAY, November 1, you can sign up for health coverage at HealthCare.gov. If you’ve come to the US and do not have health care through your employer, or have waited too long to get insurance, then this is the only … Read More