With so many people in the city, it helps to have friends and people around you who can help with finding your feet.
I am not affiliated with any of the below beyond potentially being a member or contributor and maybe providing them some digital assistance along the way. If that changes, I’ll be sure to note it below.
- Australians in New York, USA (Facebook Group)
Pretty self-explanatory Facebook Group. Great for housing exchange and general Australian banter.
- Australians in NYC (Facebook Group)
- Australians in America (Facebook Group)
- Gypsy Housing (Facebook Group)
A great resource for people exchanging information about housing.
- Australian Women in New York
A fantastic resource for Women in New York
- Australian Women in New York (Facebook Group)
Thanks to Robyn MB from Australians in NYC for this awesome information
- New York Magpies (AFL)
“No real skill needed” and “looking for players”
- Manhattan International Netball Club (Netball)
The Netball club train in Manhattan on Thursday nights and play various tournaments throughout New York City as well as sending teams to pay in tournaments outside of the city (see website for details). To enquire about training and joining the team please clink on the “Contact Us” link and send an email to the club.
- NY Kookaburras (Cricket)
- New York City Touch (Touch Rugby) – All the info for pick up sessions, leagues, local and travelling tournaments