Yesterday marked 6 years for me in NYC! ? When I moved from Adelaide in January 2017, I had no idea if I'd be here for 2 months, 2 years, or longer. I'd set off with a mission to try something new and shake things up, so sitting here six years later is really still a thrill.
Allow me a minute to think about what I've achieved in six years:
- ✈️ Moved my whole life to the other side of the planet (just because)
- ? Made some superbly wonderful friends (and learned that they aren't “overseas” friends just because you moved to another country, they're “friends”)
- ❄️ Embraced the cold of the Northern Hemisphere (and the sweaty heat that nobody mentioned before I moved)
- ??♀️ Met an especially incredible human and married her (2 years and counting!)
- ???? Gained lots of tremendous new family members (and gotten closer with the special people in Australia)
- ? Learned how to order a sandwich at a bodega (and have now become a regular for my beloved chicken sandwich)
- ? Got a dog, Roo (equal part menace and wonder dog)
- ?️ Learned to say “Jaash” instead of “Josh” when ordering food (it's easier this way)
- ??? Started a digital marketing business (again) with Fortnight Digital (which has grown year on year)
- ?? Managed a children's charity through a pandemic (and can't wait to see where it goes in 2023)
- ? Found a love for baking (and a love for eating baked goods)
- ? Started America Josh to help and meet thousands of amazing people (like you!)
- ? Hosted countless parties (with so many more planned)
- ? Made NYC my home (for a long time to come)
❤️ I'm incredibly lucky that I've had the opportunity to do this and I owe a lot to my families in Australia & the US, my magical friends, and the loving support of Stacey & Roo.
What can we do in 6 more with this awesome community? Thanks for being such an important part of my adventure!