Holiday & Business in the US (ESTA and B1/B2 Visas) 2021

So you’re just looking for a temporary stay in the US? Of all the options available, you’ve probably picked the easiest one, so nice work!

For professional assistance, I recommend Doug Lightman from Lightman Immigration or Tara Gray from Tara Gray Law.

ESTA Visa-Waiver Program

This is the program that the majority of visitors to the US from Australia will be using to get here. To put it simply, you can come to the US without a Visa, for up to three (3) months but you must not work or do anything really to do with work.

I could write all sorts about this, but I instead just recommend you go to the official Government website: and do everything they tell you.

Read everything carefully, make sure you follow the rules. If you do stuff up (or lie), you’re going to find it very difficult to return to the US later.

B1 & B2 Visas

Official pages are always the best, click here to go to USCIS (for B-1 work).

So these two visas are pretty cool to be honest, but will require that you have some savings because you’re suggesting that you can stay for longer than three (3) months without earning any income in the US.

For information on visa locations, reviews of experiences, ratings, and feedback, go to my U.S. Visa Location Guide.

The process is relatively simple and we’re just in the process of writing it up. If you have any experience you’d like to share, please do email at