Everyone in LA has a story about something they've seen or something they've done that makes them one of the locals. So we thought we'd compile some of my favorites and let you play BINGO. Comment below if you got bingo and which any items we missed!
Thanks so much to Shayne for her help putting this one together.
Want to share this on your website? You can paste this code on your website!
<a href="https://americajosh.com/blog/general/la-bingo/" target="_blank" rel="follow"><img src="https://americajosh.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/LA-Bingo.png" alt="America Josh's LA Bingo" /></a>
How many of these Los Angeles bingo items can you tick off?
- Explained directions in numbers (Because taking the 101 to the 405 to the 10 makes complete sense.)
- You’ve hiked Runyon Canyon(and posted pictures at the top of it)
- Had to explain Hollywood to your friends back home (It’s not what they think)
- Confiscated a CD from your friend on Hollywood Blvd (that big rap star is going to then ask for $10)
- Sat in the world’s biggest car park (AKA the 405 for 3hrs while questioning your life choices)
- Never used public transport to get around LA (because you don’t even know if any actually exists)
- Argued with your friends where the best tacos are for Taco Tuesday (you’ll never agree)
- Turned on the air con in the middle of winter (and bragged about it to anyone you can to on the East Coast)
- Worn a winter coat and beanie when the temperature drops below 70 (Cali cold is a legit thing)
- Sat on the PCH trying to get to the beach in summer (only to realise you can go to the beach (almost) all year round)
- Checked out a band on the Sunset Strip on a random Wednesday night
(and probably known someone in the band)
- Been woken up by an earthquake thinking its the “big one” (only to realise when you go online it was only a 3.5)
- Asked for a gluten free/dairy free/vegan menu (knowing the waiter won’t flinch thinking you’re a difficult customer)
- It’s a shock when you meet someone and they are not ‘in the industry.’
(because basically everyone is a producer, DJ, model or actress)
- You know The Valley is basically hell on earth in summer (and if someone invites you to The Valley in summer you probably won’t see that person until the Fall)
- You either own a water filter or buy bottled water (even though it’s probably an urban myth you don’t trust the tap water at all)
- You’ve partied the night away at The Abbey (even if you’re straight – and had the best night there!)
- The biggest celebrity you’ve spotted is Nick Lechey (and know celebrity sightings aren’t common like people thing)
- You know how to properly pronounce ‘Sepulveda’ and ‘La Cienega’ (and all the others that are mispronounced)
- You don’t know what to do when it rains (Because you don’t even own an umbrella (and you definitely don’t drive anywhere))
- Got a parking fine (because you need a PhD to work out the parking signs)
- Paid more for a plane ticket just to fly out of Burbank Airport (So you can avoid LAX at all costs)
- You’ve driven to Vegas once (and once only)
- You know the secret menu at In n Out Burger (double double protein style with animal style fries anyone?)