Getting to know a neighborhood in New York is one of the most interesting and fun parts of living here. Building community, understanding the nuances of streets, bars, cafés, and cultures, and knowing what’s cool (and what’s not) makes you feel like you’re really part of the city. So, I want to hear about yours!
On this page
I’m going to catch up with one person per neighborhood for a coffee, a beer (or wine), or just a chat in a park to talk about your neighborhood.
I want to talk to you about why you love (or hate) where you live, your favorite places, and what people looking in your area should keep in mind. This should not only help people looking to move to New York, but it will also build more communities so you know who lives nearby and the things they love to do!
Sound good? Well if you’re already eager, send me an email to [email protected]!
It will take no more than an hour and we’ll distill answers to these 14 questions (to give you an idea for what we’re going for and let you have a think in advance):
10 Questions About Your Neighborhood
- Is it friendly for people new to the city (is it safe throughout the day and night)?
- Why do you like (or dislike) living in the area?
- Would you say it was a cheaper neighborhood, an average-priced neighborhood, or an expensive neighborhood?
- How would you describe a regular person living in the area and how do they live (describe an average apartment)?
- What is your favorite bar in the area to go with friends?
- Do you have a favorite spot to go alone or quietly with others (venue or not)?
- Do you have a favorite café or deli and what is your order?
- Out of 10 how would you rate the neighborhood for: Overall? Kids? Going Out? Quiet Living? Food?
- In a few words, how would you sum up the neighborhood?
- Anything else you’d like to add about the area?
4 Bonus Questions for You
- How do you describe yourself in one sentence?
- What is your favorite thing to do in the city (outside of your neighborhood)?
- Where do you call “home” and where are you “from”?
- Now’s your chance to promote whatever you want (your business, your hobby, your cool idea, or something you love)
I’ve put myself forward as Champion of Alphabet City, Josh P. Read all about my review of Alphabet City, here!
So. Are you my next Neighborhood Champion for your neighborhood? If so, send an email to [email protected] and we’ll arrange a time to meet!
Other Champions: Meet Nico from Cobble Hill, Meet Erin from Long Island City, Meet Rachael from FiDi/Seaport, Meet Edwina from Williamsburg, Meet Scott from Greenwich Village, Meet Josh of Alphabet City
Pingback: Josh from Alphabet City | Moving to America & New York
Pingback: Scott from Greenwich Village – America Josh | Moving to America & New York
Pingback: Edwina from Williamsburg | Moving to America & New York
Pingback: Jillian from East Williamsburg | Moving to America & New York
Pingback: Rachael from the Financial District/Seaport | Moving to America & New York
Pingback: Erin from Long Island City | Moving to America & New York
Pingback: Nico from Cobble Hill | Moving to America & New York
Pingback: Alice from NoMad | America Josh
Pingback: Nico from Cobble Hill | America Josh
Pingback: Edwina from Williamsburg | America Josh