So many options, so little time.
Restaurant of the week
Let's be honest, you're all eating from home most of the time anyway so what about the best ways to get food delivered this week? Each of these links is a referral for me, and a bonus for you, so why not try some out for US:
- Munchery – Awesome fresh dinner delivery (just need a microwave or an oven) – Be sure to select “Variety – the Children's Charity of New York” when asked which Charity you'd like!
- Infatuation – A great and simple app for finding somewhere to eat that's going to be great
- Seamless/GrubHub – Great food delivery service
- UberEats – Similar to Seamless ($15 off first order with eats-joshp367ue)
- PostMates – Similar to UberEats ($100 off with link)
- Delivery.com – Similar to PostMates ($7 off with the link)
- Drizly – Drink delivery to your door ($5 off with code KFIZW)
- Open Table – One of the leaders for booking dine-in dinners
Bar of the week
Murray Hill isn't normally known for its fancy bars, but this one is worth a visit if you're in the area!
Cask (Murray Hill) is delightful! The staff are particularly friendly and it's a lovely place to sit on your own or with a friend and have a wine. Their happy hour deals especially are great.
Thing-to-do of the week
Its Cinco de Mayo this week (May 5th for those of you playing at home), so there's going to be some fantastic ways to celebrate that this week! You should know the story first though:
- It's not Mexico's Independence Day (which is September 16);
- It is technically an annual celebration to commemorate the Mexican Army's victory over the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla!
- In Mexico it's generally quite formal with military parades and tradition;
- In America, it's taken on its own format of being a celebration of Mexican Culture!
Local tip of the week
Once a month, 10 people who aren’t yet friends having dinner (and drinks if you’d like) at an affordable restaurant around NYC on a Tuesday or Wednesday at 7pm (with me there too).